The De Morgan Foundation's collection of art work and associated materials was formed on the death of Mrs Stirling at her bequest. The organisation was formally registered as Charity No. 31004 in 1970. The aims of the charity are as follows:
- The provision and maintenance of the De Morgan Foundation's collection of art work and archive material.
- Providing acces to the collection
- Promoting the work of the De Morgans and Mrs Stirling
- Education in art and allied subjects, such as the social history of the period in which the artwork and collection were formed.
Further information regarding the Charity and its legal obligations can be found on the Charity Commission website.
The Foundation is run by a board of Directors who are legally responsible for the Collection and oversee and promote the work of the Charity.
- Paul Jackson - Chairman
- Pat Astley-Cooper
- Kate Catleugh
- Lesley deCourcy
- Helen Dunstan-Smith
- Vanessa Graham
- Tony Tuck
- Timothy Walker
- Diana Whittingham
The Foundation employs a full time member of staff to manage the Collection and she is assisted in her duties by a part time museum officer and several volunteers.
- Claire Longworth - Curator
- Emma Coleman - Museum Officer
To contact either the staff or the directors please click here